- Assistant Manager – Dallas
- Full Time
- Dallas Branch
- Coppell, TX
- June 4, 2021
- June 4, 2021
- June 4, 2021
The Assistant Manager is responsible for making sure supplies, stock, materials, packages, and/or products are processed through the delivery and/or warehouse system efficiently and safely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Close or open facility as needed.
- In the event that Dallas Branch Director is out of office, this position will be acting second in command and all employees with tardiness or absence notices as well as all management related questions or concerns must be directed to Assistant Manager.
- Run credit cards when needed.
- Compares identifying information counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Resolves billing or service complaints and refers grievances to designated departments for investigation.
- Reviews all pending shipments and advises Sales Representatives of any delays due to instruction or payment issues.
- Reviews Shipping Menu (AS400) to ensure that all shipments are on schedule and that all information pertaining to the order has been updated in the system.
- Confers with Receiving Associates to verify scanned merchandise.
- Notifies Shipping Associates and Sales Representatives whenever an order has been cancelled.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate processing of invoices.
- Verifies payments in order to proceed with shipments.
- Coordinating with carrier for merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Assists File Clerk, Cashier and Shipping Coordinators when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as required, including, but not limited to, filing, data processing, typing, etc.
- Ability to grow, continually learning new services
- Must be able to react to changes productively and handle miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Ensures that billing of freight charges is effectively carried out; coordinated payment of all freight charges. Oversees record keeping with respect to charges. Interacts with Accounts Receivable concerning payment questions.
- Collect or third party shipments are not charged freight.
- When freight charges are prepaid or COD, then the freight must be charged.
- When the shipment is domestic or COD, freight charges can be on the same invoice as the parts unless otherwise noted not to.
- Also, if shipment is Blind, then fees must be included with freight charges invoice.
- This option is used when creating a COD receipt for either UPS or truck line.
- Examines airway bills and bills of lading for domestic and international shipments.
- Foreign Customers will be exonerated from paying taxes, only if they have a Passport, I-94 and a Business Card. Otherwise, CTP must charge tax, unless permissible by the Shipping Manager.
- If the shipment is prepaid, and it has to be shipped through a freight forwarder, you must send an e-mail to each FF Company and ask for a quote. For containers, use the same method.
- Once a Freight Forwarder or Courier is establish, you should call or send an e-mail to schedule a pickup.
- Prepares tracers on lost shipments; and preparing and filing claims for damages, lost shipments, and overcharges.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering shipments on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic administrative experience (filing, telephone, data entry)
- 5+ years’ experience in Operations
- Fully bilingual in English in Spanish
- Excellent customer service skills
This position requires sitting, talking, walking, and use of hands, eyes and ears. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Note: This Job Description is subject to change at any time.